Policies and Bylaws of Pomfret Public Schools
Green Cleaning Program
- In compliance with Public Act No. 09-81 the Pomfret Board of Education has implemented a green cleaning program for the cleaning and maintenance of its school building and facilities. No parent, guardian, teacher or staff member may bring into the school facility any consumer product which is intended to clean, deodorize, sanitize or disinfect. Additional information may be obtained from Thomas Lepine, Facilities Manager and Custodial Supervisor.
Waste Busters Green Cleaning Myths
- Video: Green Cleaning Myths
- DEEP commissioned its own "mythbusting" team to educate school employees and parents about the hazards of common cleaning products while showing the benefit and effectiveness of using green cleaners. In this video parody of the popular Discovery Channel television show, the Wastebusters work with scientists to prove that green cleaning products work as well as regular cleaners.
School Facility Survey (ED050)
- CT law requires that the School Facility Survey (ED050) be posted on the district's website. In Pomfret, we submitted the attached report in October 2013. An updated survey was submitted to the state in the fall of 2016. It is available in the school office for review.
Asbestos Management Plan
- In compliance with the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), the Pomfret Community School's Plan is on file in the PCS office and may be accessed M-F 9:00-3:00. Additional information may be obtained from Thomas Lepine, Facilities Manager and Custodial Supervisor.